Sunday, March 13, 2011

Progress Report: 2011 New Year's Resolution

Perhaps I should title this Lack of Progress Report instead. I had resolved to reduce the number of books in my TBR bookcase by reading at least two a month for the coming year (and ultimately for the coming decade or two actually). Since we are now roughly at the middle of the third month, I should be finishing up the fifth book, that is if I were on schedule. As you can see from the sidebar, I've only finished two, and I'm over half way on Kim Stanley Robinson's The Wild Shore. I expect to finish that this coming week.

I have listed several books in the sidebar that I expect to pick up next. The listing is not in any particular order; it's mainly as inspiration grabs me. And, that's, no doubt, how I'll pick those I'll read next.

A friend, while talking about the Hesse's Siddhartha, said that he was going to read Hesse's Steppenwolf, so I moved that one up on the list. So, as soon as I finish Robinson's novel, I'll be back to Hesse again.

If anyone sees something in the list that looks interesting and would like to read it, let me know and I'll move it up on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment